Designer - Office Interiors - Southfield, MI
Compensation$32,000 to $60,000 Annually
Benefits Offered401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Growing company, great team and a fun industry with lots of potential!”
We are Rightsize Facility, a National Industry Leader in the Office Interiors and Facility Service Spectrum. As a rapidly growing innovative company, we are offering an exciting opportunity for qualified professionals in Design to become a part of our immensely talented team. As a Rightsize team member, you will enjoy a collaborative fast paced and fun environment where your contributions will be visible and highly impactful!
The Designer will work with both Account Managers and clients towards creating comprehensive design concepts, project development, and construction documents for the interior environment. This includes, but is not limited to specifying materials and finishes and understanding how these elements are detailed in the space. We are looking for versatile, enthusiastic designers who like to learn, are technically adept and good with people.
• Participate in programming activities (requirements development) with account manager and client to understand office furniture needs and considerations.
• Develop drawings (2D and 3D views) of proposed office furniture in client space using AutoCAD, 20/20 CAP Studio, and SketchUp software.
• Research products and systems that accomplish the design intent.
• Propose office furniture items and finishes to meet client functional, aesthetic and budgetary needs.
• Develop proposal materials (e.g., PowerPoint presentations and Excel Budgets) to assist account manager with articulating office furniture solutions to clients.
• Develop pricing and budgetary inputs for quotes.
• Generate Purchase Orders (POs) for materials and products.
• Develop installation support documents and specifications to insure compliance with design intent during project implementation.
o Accomplished and well versed in the office interiors. Experience in interior design is a must.
o Excellent knowledge of commercial interiors and office furniture.
o Participate in programming activities with Account Manager and clients to understand office furniture needs and considerations.
o Work in conjunction with Account Manager toward the successful execution of interiors projects to meet client’s functional, aesthetic and budgetary needs.
o Positive with an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude.
o Keen sense to details and the nitty gritty.
o Good sense of humor.
o Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
o Strong technical skills in space planning, office furniture specification and presentation development.
o Ability to communicate complex ideas to clients of all levels.
o Excellent oral, written, and formal presentation skills.
o Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
o Attention to detail.
o Natural problem solving mindset that seeks to meet the client's needs.
o Tenacious drive for results from concept to completion. See the job through to the end!
o Ability to apply innovative thinking to solve problems.
o Drive to meet the customer's needs.
We are looking for candidates with proven success working in Design-Office Interiors. If you think you'd be a good fit for Rightsize Facility, Apply Now and someone from our team will be in touch shortly.
For The Successful Candidates, We Offer:
• Full Time Employment
• Industry Competitive Salary
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
• Paid vacation
• Retirement plan
About Rightsize Facility:
Rightsize Facility, headquartered in Chicago, with multiple offices in metropolitan Chicago and Detroit, is a nationwide office interiors and facilities services firm serving corporate clients in transition. Founded in 2004, Rightsize employs an industry leading PLAN, FURNISH and SERVICE approach to ensure seamless workplace transitions and is a single source for space planning, furniture selection and procurement, delivery and installation, facility decommissioning, ancillary project services and commercial flooring. Rightsize is the parent company of Facility Flooring, Office Furniture Center, WoodWorkSpaces and Relic Furniture Gallery.
For the successful candidates, we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Health, dental and vision Insurance
• Basic and Voluntary life
• Critical iIllness coverage
• Short term and Long-term Disability
• Paid vacation
• 401k Retirement plan with employer matching
Position located in the great River North neighborhood in downtown Chicago!